01 March 2010

Day 49

I know this is difficult for some people to understand, and for others I know it's borderline ludicrous; but Ebony (yes, my dog) has been the one constant in my life for the past 11+ years. She was my birthday  present and I still remember receiving the call from my parents - I was at my friend Jena's grandmother's house in Greensboro, North Carolina when they called to tell me 'today is the day!' After my practice runs with fish and a couple of hamsters, we were finally getting a puppy and I was absolutely elated. She was the runt of her litter, tripping over her floppy ears, so naturally, I chose her (the misfit). 
We moved to California when I was 12 and it was the thread to a string of challenges and battles; Ebony was there for me unconditionally, and was the one being I have, at no point in time, turned my back on. She was and continues to be a beautiful part of this family and I will forever be grateful to You for putting her into my life. 

Man's Best Friend

2 comments:

  1. I love Ebony too! I also love my cat but don't tell her. Oooooh Ebony Larsson...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the paragraoh up top because I didn't see it at first. That's beautiful baby: she's a gift from God - and I'm sure for a purpose. What have you learned from her? And what the heck happenned to the practice fish?! AND hampsters?! I'm just kidding - I know you loved them and took good care of them just like you do for Ebony :) I think you should copy what you said up there in your journal too...

    ReplyDelete